| The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a well-qualified individual for our Head Women's Golf Coach. |
Job duties include:
1. Provide direction, coordination and instruction to the UTSA Women’s Golf Team in compliance with the Athletic Department and University policies and procedures and NCAA and Conference USA (C-USA) rules.
2. Responsible for adhering to policies and procedures of the Department, University, NCAA and Conference USA (C-USA).
3. Responsible for recruiting highly skilled student-athletes for the Women’s Golf Team.
4. Responsible for the orientation of student-athletes and counseling the student-athletes in sport participation and athletics.
5. Establish and set training rules for student-athletes and inform them of acceptable standards of conduct.
6. Monitor satisfactory academic progress of student-athletes and arrange for necessary academic counseling through the Athletics Academic Counselor.
7. Establish eligibility of freshmen and transferring student-athletes and assure continued eligibility of returning student-athletes.
8. Conduct all practice sessions.
9. Recommend grants of financial aid with the approval of the Athletics Director and the University Scholarships, Loans, Awards Committee, and the Director of Financial Aid.
10. Supervise and evaluate assistant coaches. Interview and provide recommendations to the Athletics Director regarding the hiring of assistant coaches.
11. Manage the sport budget and limit expenditures to the amounts officially approved by the University.
12. Recommend match schedules and equipment purchases that will allow the sport to stay within its approved budget.
13. Recommend letter awards to the Athletics Director in accordance with approved lettering standards.
14. Participate in Athletic Department fundraising efforts.
15. In coordination with the Athletics Director, market and promote the sport program.
16. Complete and provide timely submission of NCAA Squad, Conference Eligibility and Conference Participation lists.
17. Perform additional duties as assigned.