| St. Lawrence University is seeking applications for an Assistant Sports Information Director - Publications and Records to work as part of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation. This is a full-time, 12-month position. |
St. Lawrence University supports 32 varsity teams and is an NCAA Division III institution with NCAA Division I men’s and women’s hockey teams.
The Assistant Sports Information Director - Publications and Records is a key member of the athletic department’s communications and marketing team. The Assistant SID will keep statistics, maintain web pages, write press releases, game stories and student-athlete profiles, and serve as the media relations liaison for the following teams (subject to change): men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball, men’s golf, women’s golf, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, men’s lacrosse and women’s lacrosse.
Other job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
• Produce printed programs for all NCAA Division III sports.
• Design and produce schedule cards for all NCAA Division III sports.
• Serve as primary record keeper for all NCAA Division III sports, compiling results, statistics and school records.
• Maintain rosters and schedules for each sport for each sport covered.
• Maintain and update live coverage (stats and video) for each sport covered.
• Compile game notes for sports as warranted.
• Maintain a database of weekly and season award winners.
• Submit statistics to Liberty League, NCAA and other governing bodies.
• Nominate deserving student-athletes for weekly Liberty League, regional and national recognition.
• Write senior day scripts and help produce gifts (e.g., framed photos) for covered sports.
• Help compile information for annual the Senior Student-Athlete Banquet, Hall of Fame Induction and other special events.
• Help update information for annual awards in trophy cases and building historical displays.
• Design and produce All-America awards for display.
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Aaron Todd, Assistant Athletic Director of Communications & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.