Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate significant experience in strategic and financial planning, as well as organizational development and personnel management; strong analytic, strategic, communications, and interpersonal skills to bring to the setting of priorities, allocation of resources, and making of difficult decisions.
- Work to sustain a department that shares the university’s commitment to a culture of openness and inclusion that values diversity in people and ideas.
- Embody a record of fostering excellence in student-athlete development; the ability to foster collaboration and productive partnerships with a broad range of constituencies, both within and outside the institution.
- Oversee the administration of the intercollegiate athletics program while maintaining accountability for its design, operation and evaluation; ensure compliance with institutional, Horizon League and NCAA guidelines and requirements.
- Participate actively in league and conference meetings and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with faculty, administrators, staff, student body, student government association, alumni, friends, booster clubs, and the local community regarding UIC Athletics.
- Lead the development of Athletics fundraising goals and work in close coordination with University Development to develop fundraising strategies to meet the strategic priorities. Meet with donors and prospective donors as part of on-going fundraising activities.
- Provide visionary leadership and role modeling for sustaining a culture of transparency, professionalism, integrity and respect at all levels.
- Plan and oversee efforts of the department to encourage and support the academic success of student-athletes, recognizing that student-athletes must find a balance between academic success and athletic endeavors.
- Contribute actively to university committees and campus discussions on a variety of student and institutional issues.
- Encourage the professional development of the administrative and coaching staffs, promote their accomplishments, and perpetuate a culture of positive morale and effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Be a positive presence in the community among individuals and corporations via participation in both internal and external events, various media activities; communicate and be an advocate for a unified message that will increase the brand awareness and recognition of UIC Athletics throughout the region and on a national stage.
- Serve as a member of the Chancellor’s Executive Council.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Leads with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to a program of academic and athletic excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in donor development and fundraising.
The University of Illinois at Chicago invites nominations and applications or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Applications must include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and list of references. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted by June 9, 2017 online at Parker Executive Search’s website. Review of applications and nominations will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
For additional information please contact:
Daniel Parker, Vice President and Managing Director
Jaleesa Rhoden, Associate
Grant Higgison, Associate
Parker Executive Search
770-804-1996, ext. 118
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.