Cal Athletics operates a broad -based and comprehensive fundraising strategy that spans 30 sports programs. Each program has a custom fundraising strategy, and requires dedicated support to execute these initiatives. The Annual Giving & Alumni Relations Coordinator directly supports all aspects of fundraising efforts for the Annual Giving & Alumni Relations Team and will learn to implement specific activities for fundraising and alumni relations programs.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of at least 100 to 125 annual fund prospects which includes primarily individuals with specific affiliation and/or giving interest to Cal Athletics.
- Cultivate, Solicit and Steward Annual Fund Donors
- Complete 10 substantive contacts per month with an emphasis on quality personal visits.
- Acts as a liaison to specific sports to provide alumni relations services to designated friends groups and constituents.
- Contributing to the development of strategy by making informed suggestions for specific fundraising initiatives based on this information.
- Prepare materials for sport specific fundraising activities and/or assist in promotional efforts such as writing, speaking, telephoning, et cetera, as required.
- Ensures that predetermined fundraising goals are met, by providing strategy, analyzing progress throughout the year, and working with stakeholders to increase outreach.
- Provides programmatic support and assists the Assistant Athletics Director, Development and University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) partners in developing and executing mass solicitation strategies in support of annual initiatives for Cal Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven written and oral skills. Highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Impeccable time management skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel and Word.
- Experience with the internal operations of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Experience in a Development Office or Non-Profit setting.
- Exposure to project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
It is mandatory that you apply for this position on the Berkeley Jobs Website, the job number for this position is #23196. If you click “Apply Now” at the bottom of this listing, you will be asked to sign in through Teamwork Online. Once you have logged in to their site, you will be rerouted to Berkeley Jobs to submit your application.