- Candidate assists the Assistant Athletic Director - Events Management with several assigned sports which may include, but not limited to: Basketball, Soccer, Field Hockey, Gymnastics, Track & Field, Water Polo, Swimming, Sand Volleyball, and Baseball.
- Candidate will assist in overall operation of California Memorial Stadium, Haas Pavilion, and all other athletic facilities during home events, facility rentals, and post-season championship events.
- Candidate assists in coordinating event logistics and ensuring that all events are run efficiently and safely within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, MPSF Conference, and the University of California.
- Candidate will, as needed, assist with other department events including non-athletic events and facility rentals.
- Candidate will be responsible for assisting with office management including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll. Will be responsible for invoicing of clients and managing sport budgets.
- Candidate will assist in supervision of student and day of game staff, interns, as well as manage contracted staff (security, ticket takers, and ushers) during events.
- Candidate will serve on various department or campus committees as appointed.
- Candidate will work with other campus entities such as the police depart, campus fire marshal’s office, and the parking and transportation department to ensure all fans and participants have a safe and enjoyable event experience.
- Candidate will assist with the oversight and management of athletic facilities including scheduling of maintenance, repairs, venue set-up.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience.
- 3-4 years of experience of event management experience.
- Extensive experience in managing small to large crowds and working under stressful situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA and general sports rules.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite, Google Aps.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays (including Thanksgiving and Christmas).
- Driver’s License (US issued).
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Master’s degree in Sport Management/Administration.
- Ability to operate audio/visual equipment, scoreboards.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Beginning to intermediate computer graphic skills.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Apply online at http://jobs.berkeley.edu, indicating job # 23198. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application