| The Big Sky Conference is seeking an Assistant Director in its communications department. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in sports information or journalism. Candidates will demonstrate initiative and the ability to collaborate with fellow staff members and institutional personnel, and must be proficient with technology (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite) as well as all social media aspects. They must be able to work independently and in a team setting to meet established goals and deadlines. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the following: |
• Manage the communications efforts for Volleyball, Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Men’s and Women’s Tennis.
• Assist the Communications staff in the general administration of the Communications Department
• Work collaboratively with Big Sky Conference sports administrators and championship managers for Volleyball, Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Men’s and Women’s Tennis, and continually and consistently communicate information to enhance the perception of the Big Sky Conference, its member institutions and the respective primary sports.
• Manage the day-to-day aspects of primary sports, including but not limited to: Statistics; Weekly Releases and awards; Social Media; All-Conference and All-Academic Awards; Big Sky Championship communications management (in conjunction with the respective championship liaison), update Conference website, etc.
• Facilitate graphic design efforts for the conference website, awards and announcements.
• Assist in the coordination of all communications responsibilities for championship events, inclusive of non-assigned sports and Football Kickoff.
• Update record books and create on-line media guides for respective sports, and facilitate printing and distribution of all student-athlete certificates.
• Provide administrative support for conference calls and in-person meetings related to the communications directors and internal communications meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Associate Commissioner.
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as separate attachments in one e-mail to: Janet Carpenter at email@example.com, with subject line Big Sky Assistant Director/Communications: Last Name.
About the Big Sky Conference: The Big Sky Conference, now in its 54th year of competition is a premier Division I FCS Conference. Big Sky members include Eastern Washington University, University of Idaho, Idaho State University, University of Montana, Montana State University, University of North Dakota, Northern Arizona University, University of Northern Colorado, Portland State University, Sacramento State, Southern Utah University, Weber State University, with affiliate members Cal Poly (FB), UC-Davis (FB), Binghamton University (Men’s golf) and University of Hartford (men’s golf). The Big Sky sponsors 16 NCAA sports – 9 for women and 7 for men – with member institutions located in nine states. For more information, visit Bigskyconf.com and follow @bigskyconf on Twitter and on Facebook (facebook.com/bigskyconf).