| NATURE OF WORK |
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of the women’s swimming and diving program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (This list is neither absolute nor restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
• Display an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic-10 and Duquesne University regulations.
• Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes.
• Support the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department.
• Provide student-athletes with appropriate on deck coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction.
• Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university’s academic standards.
• Manage alumni relations and organize community service events for the program.
• Assist in maintaining Tower Pool, manage and schedule lifeguards, supervise pool scheduling.
• Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.