| • The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of operating a successful program. In addition, the Assistant Coach will have a working knowledge of pitching and plan workouts according. The Assistant Coach is also expected to execute other program related duties as assigned by the Head Softball Coach. |
• Identify student-athletes capable of competing both academically and athletically at Fort Lewis College. He or She will play a decisive role in the recruitment of student-athletes. The Assistant Coach is responsible for managing a database of prospects.
• Teach all basic and advanced skills required in the sport of Softball including, but not limited to, pitching.
• Responsible for assisting the Head Coach in developing a comprehensive and strategic game plan for scheduled contest throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating upcoming opponents, preparing a scouting report, and working with the Head Coach during contests.
• Responsible for the organization and coordination of a wide variety of administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach, which include, but not limited to, team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation & administration, facility usage, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service, camps and clinics, and other daily operations for the program.
• Assist in monitoring academic progress throughout the year.
• Responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Softball program.