Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Work Experience: Five to seven years of progressive job related experience
Preferred Certifications: N/A
Additional Information: Position requires extensive knowledge of video broadcast production equipment. Additionally, this position requires experience with Ross video switchers, Ross Xpression, Daktronics LED displays and components, video instant replay systems, broadcast cameras, fiber and coax cable termination, and Click Effects. The position requires the ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: GT Athletics Video, Brand & Ideation, Facilities, Operations, & Events staff; IMG; freelance production personnel; campus partners; external partners. This position typically will advise and counsel: GT Athletics Video, Brand & Ideation, Facilities, Operations, & Events staff; IMG; freelance production personnel; campus partners; external partners. This position will supervise: As assigned.
- Manage the planning, installation, and utilization of a multiple broadcast control room facility and athletic venue fiber and cable infrastructure used for Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Network, GT Athletics produced broadcast operations, and in-venue fan engagement.
- Provide broadcast engineering support of live events for in-house and ACC Network video productions, both digital and linear.
- Oversee and maintain computer equipment, software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the video production facilities and venues. Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on audio/visual equipment located in GT Athletics offices, athletic venues, and broadcast control rooms.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for workflows related to computer editing systems, including media archiving and storage of video production assets.
- Serve as a key liaison to outside broadcast partners for GT Athletics venues. Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Exhibit the GT Athletics core values of character, excellence, teamwork, and innovation. Promote these values throughout the organization with a focus on fulfilling the GT Athletics mission.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Stress Tolerance
- Technical Skills
- Strategic Focus