- Earned Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three years of experience coaching swimming/diving at the collegiate level or high level competitive club coaching (equivalent combination of the two will be considered).
- Knowledge of and experience in recruitment of student-athletes, supervision of staff; and budget management.
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to achieving high APR and graduation rates.
- Demonstrated fundraising, promotion, and public relations experience.
- Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Earned Master’s degree.
- Head coaching experience.
- NCAA Division I level coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Review of applications will begin as they are received with a full consideration date of April 17, 2017.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this posting.” The system will guide you through the electronic application form. The employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement; resume; and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. E-mail applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
For questions on the position, contact Kathy Heylens, Search Chair, at (605) 688-5308 or Kathy.Heylens@sdstate.edu.