- Oversee and lead the operations of a collegiate athletic team, including instructing scholar-athletes on the rules, fundamentals, regulations, equipment, strategies and techniques of the sport by designing instructions for individual student-athletes and team needs.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and track athletic performance of students.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence, innovation and diversity by building healthy relationships with the students, responding to their concerns, advising students both personally and academically to contribute to their personal growth and academic success.
- Recruit qualified students in accordance with College standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Community Service.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Master’s preferred) with between 3 and 5 years of experience in a head or assistant coach position. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective teaching methods and be able to provide academic guidance and mentoring to scholar-athletes. The candidate should possess excellent leadership, role modeling, organizational, interpersonal, time management, and written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task and handle a job with a daily change of pace; supervisory skills a plus. General computer skills required including Microsoft software (Word, Office, Excel, etc.). Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA regulations and be up to date with safety, rules and regulations and proper certifications. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
To apply, applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P. O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329.
Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.