Under direct supervision of the Boulder Reservoir Manager, this position is responsible for supervising all facility, lake and grounds maintenance operations, coordinating and performing event and program related tasks, and conducting IPM management. This position will also manage standard and seasonal staff who support these same functions, as well as other required duties.
1. Supervises and coordinates maintenance functions for Boulder Reservoir properties and equipment, including but not limited to:
• Recruits, selects, trains, evaluates and supervises maintenance staff.
• Coordinates maintenance functions of:
o all Boulder Reservoir facilities including the following: buildings, lake amenities, and other recreational facilities and structures.
o turf, sand and hardscape areas including the following: picnic areas, courts, roadways, parking and event staging, areas.
o sprinkler/irrigation systems; plumbing and electrical systems; concrete pads; and fence areas.
o heavy equipment including: trucks; multi-use vehicles; boats and a variety of power tools.
• Coordinates with Reservoir Manager/Fleet services for maintenance of vehicles and radios and equipment.
• Works with Reservoir manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Community Service Workers, Boulder County Jail Crew, Youth Work Crews and other groups to promote and implement volunteerism and work programs in City Parks.
• Develop workplans and direct work for staff, work crews, and volunteer groups.
• Assists the Reservoir Manager in the oversight of facility construction projects.
• Coordinates park system snow removal functions and performs snow removal to include parking lots, sidewalks Boulder Reservoir and other park areas as assigned.
2. Assists with the logistics for all activities and events held at the Boulder Reservoir, including but not limited to:
• Works with Reservoir manager and event promoters to develop logistics for various events.
• Collaborates with the Boulder Reservoir work team in the planning and operation of major events and/or large group gatherings.
• Provides direction to staff during events.
• Tracks impacts and costs related to equipment use, maintenance staffing and site usage/damage for each event for budgeting purposes.
3. Supervises, coordinates, and performs Boulder Reservoir maintenance, including but not limited to:
• Creates, maintains work schedules to ensure that the Boulder Reservoir is staffed appropriately throughout the year and for special events.
• Coordinates any all changes and/or adjustments with Reservoir Manager and Risk Manager
• Maintains cleanliness and safe operational condition of all Boulder Reservoir equipment.
• Performs lake and amenities maintenance of the docks, lake rafts, swim rafts and boats.
• Maintains and tracks all relevant lake and park signage.
• Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs reservoir equipment with staff.
• Performs safety training for Boulder Reservoir staff and volunteers.
• Responsible for development and completion of major maintenance projects in the spring and fall.
• Coordinates and performs regular risk evaluation of all reservoir assets.
• Coordinates potential risk issues with the Reservoir Manager and City Risk Manager.
• Coordinates asset management
• Coordinates waste management
• Coordinates Fueling station management
• Coordinates custodial services
4. Supervises, coordinates and assists in the development and implementation of programs for IPM and prairie dog management, including but not limited to:
• Coordinates the implementation of the IPM.
• Organizes training sessions for IPM volunteers.
• Assists with database entry, mapping, and analysis.
• Coordinates with Resource Planners to implement appropriate prairie dog controls.
• Assists manager in the submission of proposals/funding requests to other sources as necessary and appropriate.
5. Performs administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
• Assists with budget management and administration of the Boulder Reservoir maintenance and operations section.
• Payroll for maintenance /operations staff
• Maintains all park associated inventories, logs and records.
• Maintains inventory log for all equipment and chemicals
• Keeps maintenance and volunteer logs
• Provides information for all year end reports including volunteer hours and program information.
• Manages chemical and various maintenance supply and equipment vendor contracts.
• Assists with the coordination of purchase of equipment and supplies
6. Performs customer service tasks, including but not limited to:
• Acts as liaison between Boulder Reservoir manager and the public.
• Assists with public education and training presentations.
• Assists in the development of policies and procedures, and assists in creating the direction and vision for the Parks and Recreation Department.
7. Updates job knowledge to remain current with park and facility maintenance and management, lake and lake amenities maintenance, irrigation maintenance, general safety and training, risk management issues, and the City of Boulder's Urban Wildlife Management Plan and City of Boulder IPM Plan. Keep current with trends and issues as they affect the professional field of parks and recreation and water conservation management. Updates job knowledge through attendance and participation in continuing education opportunities such as conferences and specialty schools offered on recreation trends, management strategies and techniques.
• Performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of the city of Boulder. Acts as a manager on duty when assigned.
• Takes proper safety precautions to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to city property. Responds quickly and effectively to rapidly changing environmental conditions.
• Responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies; participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies. Generally duties are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.