Under the general supervision of the Planning and Development Manager, performs professional level strategic planning, design and development of parks, trails, open spaces and recreational facilities projects. Manages projects through technical review and approval of designs, estimates, bids, and specifications from concept to completion. Identifies and quantifies capital improvement and development needs for existing and future parks, greenways and other infrastructure within the park system and in compliance with the Department's adopted Master Plan. Communicates needs effectively to staff, city Administration, stakeholder's, consultants and media through budgets, spreadsheets, graphic presentations and GIS mapping.
**To apply for this position, please visit www.augustaga.gov, click on How Do I, then select "Apply for a Job**
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Develops and updates park plans; evaluates and analyzes issues and recommends solutions with site analysis, project design and technical plans for park, trail, open space and recreation facility projects.
- Reviews engineered plans and specifications to ensure compatibility with the original project scope, completeness, conformance to permitting and applicable codes, and overall consistency with the department's goals for the project, providing written review and guidance to planners, engineers, architects, consultants and others involved in their preparation. Represents the department's interest during construction through sound and thorough project management.
- Prepare detailed project scopes and specifications that accurately communicate projects to prospective bidders for internally managed capital projects. Coordinates bidding of these projects, the preparation of required contract documents, and manages the project through approved contract standards.
- Prepares design drawings, graphics and specifications for parks, trails, open spaces and recreational facilities using CAD and other industry standard computer applications.
- Identifies and retains data for later budget justification on budgetary operating impacts due to property acquisition, new capital project development, increased service delivery or other impacts.
- Assists in developing and prioritizing the department's capital needs assessment program through SPLOST with stakeholder input and analysis of relevant data as identified in the department's Master Plan, trends, growth patterns, etc.
- Develops reports and recommendations to management on properties to be considered for acquisition and development.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships to begin the implementation of Friends of the Parks groups. Serves as a liaison between the Department and the groups and attends Friends' meetings.