Forks Township is seeking a qualified individual to serve as its Recreation Manager. This is an exempt, salaried position reporting to the Parks and Recreation Director.
The Recreation Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Community Center and for assisting the Parks and Recreation Director with other functions of the department. Hours for this position are 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM with some weekends and additional hours as needed. The Recreation Manager must be able to develop, manage, and provide oversight to a comprehensive Community Center program focusing on youth, adult, and senior programs in both active and passive recreation, as well as, possess the ability to supervise community center personnel. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
- Works closely with the Parks and Recreation Director and Recreation Board to advance their advocacy of programs, projects and facilities such as: active recreation, passive recreation, open spaces and natural setasides, trails and other recreation opportunities with the objective of meeting community needs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, volunteers, leagues, instructors, and all members of the general public.
- Communicates official plans, policies, and procedures to personnel and the general public.
- Responsible for the coordination, administration, implementation, and management of Community Center programs and activities, as well as, assisting with field reservations and park programs.
- Maintain inventory of all uniforms and equipment to monitor annual needs and calculate annual costs.
- Secures and negotiates with potential program instructors for new activities.
- Supervises hired program instructors and community center monitors to ensure appropriate facilities and needed supplies are secure to provide a high quality leisure and recreation program.
- Coordinates, schedules, and maintains related records and statistics for programs and personnel.
- Advertises and markets recreational and community center activities.
- Works with the Director to prepare and justify the budget.
- Controls and accounts for the expenditure of funds in accordance with the approved budget. Responsible for reservation and program fees.