Responsibilities: to assist Head Coach in coaching, recruiting, counseling, conditioning, and training of the team:
1. for each athlete under his/her jurisdiction, demonstrate a Christian concern for the athlete’s academic, athletic, social and spiritual development; be concerned with the conduct of his/her athletes and cooperate with those dealing with violations of the Student Conduct Code;
2. assist with the development of game strategy; determine position assignments.
3. assist in fund raising activities to subsidize the women’s basketball program.
4. initiate requisitions supplies, vehicles, food and lodging, and all other purchases necessary to the program
5. under the direction of the women’s basketball Coach and in cooperation with the Admissions Office, recruit athletes to the program;
6. remain knowledgeable in the modern trends of his/her sport;
7. coordinate, and conduct regularly scheduled practices;
8. cooperate with the Director of Athletics in both home and away contest management;
9. cooperate with all other staff members in the running of the department.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of National Collegiate Athletics Association and Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference rules and regulations.
2. Skill in training or instructing student athletes; interpersonal communication.
3. Ability to analyze situations and develop solutions; travel and work non-traditional hours; manage people and projects