| Purpose of Position |
Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time Assistant Athletic Director of Compliance, Internal Operations and Physical Education to work in its Athletics Department. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics in the development and administration of the department. The Assistant Athletic Director manages multiple facets of the department, serves as the chief compliance officer, and oversees and administers all NCAA, MIAC, MWC and CWPA rules. This position also serves as the P.E. Chairperson and as a primary member of the executive team in athletics. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and appreciation of a liberal arts education and an understanding of the role athletics and recreation play in a college committed to academic excellence and cultural diversity.
• Assist the Director of Athletics in the development and administration of the department that promotes the overall success of athletics programs.
• Assist in the oversight of internal operations of the department, athletic facilities and events within the framework of the departments' responsibilities to the college community.
• Serve as the chief compliance officer and manage and oversee all components of the athletics department compliance responsibilities under the guidelines of NCAA, MIAC, MWC and CWPA conferences.
• Monitor, interpret, coordinate and verify eligibility of current students and athletic prospects with the registrar’s office.
• Work closely with department staff, coaches, student athletes and campus partners to provide daily monitoring and education of NCAA and conference rules.
• Conduct preliminary investigations and report findings on potential violations.
• Supervise and complete mandated NCAA and Federal reports for the department in an accurate and timely manner.
• Direct and/or assist with the preparation and event management needs at home competitive events and other special events, including recruiting, alumni, the Mac Hac, and student-athlete recognition functions.
• Assist the administration on special projects as needed.
• Develops administer and oversee a physical education curriculum with courses that meet the needs of current students.
• Appoint and supervise instructors responsible for teaching courses in the PE curriculum.
• Monitor and balance the budget and all financial operations of the P.E. program.
• Serve as a member administrative recruiting team to advise coaches and to provide guidance respective to the department's/team recruiting efforts.
• Represent the college and its athletics program with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies.
• Contributes to a positive, team-oriented working relationship within the athletic department and with departmental staff.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-3 years of successful intercollegiate athletic administrative experience required.
• A background in coaching and teaching and/or service as a director of programming in athletics preferred.
• Valid certifications in NCAA Rules test, CPR/AED, First Aid, Blood-borne pathogens safety and van driver certification.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as required.
• Knowledge in Division III athletics and administrative practices, with an understanding of the role that athletics and recreation play in a college committed to academic excellence and cultural diversity.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize activities in accordance with departmental goals and to meet deadlines.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, admissions and recruitment software, and various email and web/social media applications.
For best consideration, please submit resume and cover letter through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.