Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, schedule, evaluate and supervise student employees in programmatic areas of oversight.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Recreational Sports, the Division of Student Engagement and Lamar University to provide quality recreational and developmental experiences for students.
- Develop a comprehensive outdoors trips program with a foundation in Leave No Trace principles.
- Develop, implement, and re-evaluate all policies and procedures for each program.
- Administer assessment, evaluation, and mitigation of risk for all programs, equipment and facilities.
- Coordinate departmental safety and risk management efforts, including emergency action plans, student employee certifications, and management of accident/incident reports
- Develop and administer program and equipment budget.
- Design and implement assessment of student learning in all program areas for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate the marketing and promotion in programmatic areas of oversight.
Facility & Equipment Management Responsibilities:
- Provide daily management of indoor climbing facility, outdoor adventure trips and outdoor recreation programming in the surrounding areas.
- Maintain a positive, safe and inclusive environment in all programs and facilities.
- Manage outdoor program and indoor climbing wall facility reservations.
- Manage internal and external inspections of the indoor climbing facility.
- Manage trailer, fleet reservations, maintenance, cleaning, and usage.
- Manage a wide range of outdoor equipment and maintain equipment inventory and equipment procurement procedures.
- Responsible for the year-round design, implementation, and leadership of outdoor adventure trips and programs that occur on evenings, weekends, and during university breaks.
- Teach and facilitate team-building and interactive group games designed for leadership of all student recreation staff, new student orientation and student organizations.
- Develop and implement special event programming and open enrollment clinics/workshops for the indoor rock climbing facility.
- Develop outdoor recreation programming opportunities.
- Manage existing partnerships across campus and develop new collaborative programming in and outside the Recreational Sports Department.
- Create new innovative recreational programs to enhance student well-being
- Work in collaboration with students, faculty and staff, to ensure the Rec Center provides a wide-range of culturally relevant programs that offer opportunities for engagement and reflection.
- Assist in assembling and advising the student advisory committee, which will aid in developing diverse programming efforts.
- Collaborate with internal departments, and student organizations to plan, create, and execute outreach activities that both advertise Lamar Recreational Sports programs and increase student organizations usage of the Sheila Umphrey Recreation Center
- Review current programs and identify additional opportunities to enrich the program purpose.
- Lead the student advisory committee in expanding Recreational Sports overall outreach to first-year students, as well as upperclassmen.
- Serve on departmental and university committees.
- Work occasional evenings, weekends, and university breaks based on program offerings and schedule.
- Assist in Instructing department-offered American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid courses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.