- Organizes, in conjunction with the director of athletics, all aspects of the program, including facility, competition, practice and operational issues.
- Provides excellent leadership, organization and development of coaching staff.
- Creates a competitive environment centered on the student-athlete experience that emphasizes positivity, respect, discipline and academic and social pride among student-athletes.
- Establishes a culture of compliance and cooperation with administrative officers and sports medicine staff.
- Attracts potential students and organizes their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
- Meets enrollment goals as established by the director of athletics.
- Acts as a visible person to represent the College in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Administers community service and engagement programs with student-athletes.
- Develops and executes team fundraising efforts and builds successful relations with alumni.
- Organizes and operates youth and prospect camps and clinics.
- Follows all institutional and NCAA regulations regarding recruiting and operations of designated sport in particular and athletics in general.
- Responsibly manages operating budget.
- Creates and manages an academic plan for student-athletes.
- Projects and promotes the highest standards for student actions in order to best prepare them as solid citizens and alumni.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years coaching experience at the college level preferred.
- Previous head coaching experience at the college level or exemplary success at the high school level preferred.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Strong team building and management skills.
- Ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, management and leadership.
- Ability to supervise regular and temporary staff, as well as understand the student-athletes' commitment to academics.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
- Professional network with high schools and coaches in Michigan, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania preferred.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record, and have the ability to travel for team practices, competition, and recruiting.
Under NCAA Bylaw 11.1.6 Sports-Safety Training, each head coach and all other coaches who are employed full time at an institution shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR,) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references (including at least one from a former student-athlete) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method for applications) or Head Coach, Football Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Application deadline of October 30, 2016. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE