| Job Title: Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach / Athletics Liaison |
The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with all activities of the designated sport. The position assists with recruitment for the team to ensure that all team athletes are certified to participate according to all institutional guidelines.
The Athletics Liaison is responsible for the processing of undergraduate and graduate applications and transcripts. Assists in performing recruiting functions as it relates to file maintenance and evaluations, enrollment tracking, financial aid packaging, and other related admission criteria for transfer credit of undergraduate and graduate students.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
Job Knowledge and Responsibilities
- Serve as an athletic instructor for the team sport.
- Teach proper skills and skill development to student athletes.
- Process applications for day, evening and graduate admissions; oversee and execute prospect, applicant and admitted student communication plans; maintain confidential files; prepare position papers/reports; inputs/retrieves data on CAMS with information system software.
Communication, Collaboration, and Teamwork
- Design, develop and implement effective recruitment strategies.
- Establish and maintain an informational, active communication system with applied students, high school and community college personnel.
Planning, Organizing, and Accountability
- Provide instruction of physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Provide strong and affirmative leadership for all athletes.
- Conduct office-based contact by email, mail and phone with high school, colleges and students.
Initiative, Problem-Solving, and Decision Making
- Coordinate team activities, such as practices, team workouts and other events.
- Plan and organize team activities, such as practices and team workouts.
- Compile data for reports and actively maintain calendar.
Support the Mission of the University
- Design instructions for individual student athletes and for specific team needs.
- Research and target schools and athletic camps for recruitment.
- Participate as an active member of the recruitment team.
- Assist with making hiring recommendations
- Assists with special programs and research projects.
- Interpret and evaluate student academic credentials.
Job may require other duties as assigned
- Abide by coach Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that their respective team upholds the standards and values of Lindenwood University.
- Participate in the development and implementation of enrollment strategies.
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Prior coaching experience is required.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Independent discretion, along with solid and sound judgment are essential.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students and staff.
- Requires creativity and initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Basic research skills.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Able to handle stress.
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Works with athletes.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- General office conditions.
Lindenwood University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Physically demanding position.
- Must be able to perform, teach and demonstrate the technical aspects of the sport.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.