Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required for the qualifications listed below (working and extensive). For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and additional references may be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years of progressive experience in the areas of accounting and financial analysis.
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to:
- utilize finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting, including GAAP accounting principles and familiarity with GASB;
- analyze and interpret general and complex statistical data, including trend analysis;
- utilize PeopleSoft or similar software applications specific to the general ledger, accounts payable, purchasing & human resources (please specify software used).
- Extensive proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel and working proficiency with other Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint).
- Minimum of three years working in a university business environment or professional/collegiate sport business environment.
- Experience preparing EADA and NCAA athletic financial reports.
- Working knowledge of:
- Internal audit process and methods to ensure organizational compliance;
- Annual budget development process;
- Ticketing system, experience with Paciolan highly preferred (please specify);
- Golf course point-of-sale software system (please specify).
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Salary range $45,000 to $65,000. This is a full-time position with full University benefits.
To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #69909 to complete your online application. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.