| The Assistant Softball Coach (2nd Assistant) is responsible for on-field coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Softball program, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.|
1. Assist/lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
8. Teach in the departmental wellness program as assigned.
9. Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
1. Prior collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.