To provide operations and service support to sporting event competitions, conventions, meetings and trade shows that have a positive effect on the Dallas economy through hotel occupancy and economic impact. Additionally, market and promote the city of Dallas by working with community partners including hotels, venues, sponsors, members, local sports contacts, and associations to ensure the success of all events. To aid in the planning and execution of local events operated by the Dallas Sports Commission.
- Coordinate meeting and event logistics on behalf of the Dallas Sports Commission for all sports events, site visits, sports familiarization (FAM) trips, and new client events.
- Serve on various Local Organizing Committees as needed as one of the representatives of the Dallas Sports Commission.
- Responsible for post-event follow up to include surveys, thank you notes, reports and final event audits.
- Maintain Dallas Sports Commission accounts through the CRM, website, and event calendar to include but not be limited to traces, economic impact calculation (EIC) post-event, notes, hotel pick-up numbers, survey crews and analysis, and post event attendance reports.
- Manage the Event Management Intern Program to include evaluating applicants, leading the interview process, orientation to the Sports Commission, and supervising job progress during the internship.
- Communicate to the DCVB Members and Industry Partners details related to becoming involved with major Sports Event partnerships.
- Management of Volunteer Database to include recruitment, training, and management of volunteers during major events.
- Assist in design and creation of bid book components.
- Assist in the development and execution of overall event operations plan for the organization as well as for specific events that the Dallas Sports Commission owns or operates.
- Analyze the specific event data and provide reports back to the Executive Director, Director of Events, and appropriate sales manager.
- Maintain the appropriate relationships with vendors, local businesses, government organizations, sports organizations, venues, and events.
- Serve as the Sports Commission CRM liaison.
- Manage the assigned Dallas Sports Commission Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.