Auburn University at Montgomery
Senior Director of Athletics
Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) invites applications for the position of Senior Director of Athletics. This is a full-time position providing institutional leadership, in collaboration with faculty, staff and students, to ensure a vibrant Athletics program in which AUM student-athletes achieve their educational goals. The position reports to the Chancellor and oversees that athletics program at Auburn University at Montgomery. The successful candidate will oversee operations, policies and conduct of all sports in accordance with the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Gulf South Conference. The candidate must have knowledge of both the NAIA and the NCAA Division II conference rules and regulations, creating an environment conducive to compliance. The successful candidate will lead Auburn University at Montgomery through its current three-year transition from NAIA to NCAA Division II status. The position oversees the financial operations of the total Athletics Department and works closely with the Office of Advancement to plan, coordinate and implement fund-raising activities.
Candidates for the position of Senior Director of Athletics must:
- Demonstrate knowledge and principles of athletic administration, budgeting and personnel management, both NAIA and NCAA rules and regulations, Title IX compliance, gender equity and diversity.
- Have the ability to establish a clear and understandable vision for the Department of Athletics and build the operational components to execute the vision.
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences both internal and external.
- Have a Master's degree and a minimum of eight years of related experience working in a university athletic department.
- Have a minimum of three years as an associate athletic director or higher in a university or college setting.
The Search Committee will review applications on a rolling basis until the appointment is made. The application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and five professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant).
For a more detailed job description and/or to apply, please visit http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/2431.
Established in 1967, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fully SACSCOC-accredited, four-year regional institution located in Montgomery, Alabama. Through its five colleges — Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Public Policy and Justice — more than 850 full- and part-time faculty and staff serve approximately 5,000 students. AUM offers 33 baccalaureate degrees, 20 master's degrees, six educational specialist degrees, and one joint doctoral program with Auburn University. The Princeton Review consistently ranks AUM among the best colleges in the Southeast, and our College of Business's AACSB accreditations put it in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.