The College New Jersey is seeking applications for the positon of Athletics Business Manager. This is a full time, twelve-month position that resides within the Athletics portfolio and will be reporting directly to the Executive Athletic Director.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Athletics, the Athletics Business Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the financial affairs of the department. Other responsibilities include, preparing, suggesting, monitoring and evaluating all procedures, rules, and regulations related to the expenditure of the funds for varsity sports, facilities and other programs under the control of the department. In conjunction with the Executive Athletic Director, the candidate will provide direction and support to the fundraising efforts for the coaches, monitor concession and other deposits, create forms for accounting of all funds from various sources, etc. Assists in processing memberships, operations of special events, and supervising support staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop policies and procedures to monitor, assess, and supervise expenditures and evaluate spending for all areas of the department.
- Develop policies and procedures to submit spending request in consultation with the Executive Athletic Director.
- Establishes and maintains accurate records, monitors budget status through the fiscal year, and prepare monthly reports
- Monitors and manages all team fundraising accounts and monitors foundation accounts.
- Approves and reconciles all P-Card transactions
- Administers procedures and controls for use of department credit cards by head coaches and administrators.
- Performs periodic internal audit procedures
- Coordinates all varsity team travel
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum three (3) years of experience in higher education or similar business management
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Microsoft business suite
- Strong attention to detail and responsiveness
- Ability to keep up in a quick-pace environment, prioritize tasks, and balance competing interests
- Prior experience working within an Athletics Department
- Business management skills preferred
- MBA or CPA a plus
This position carries the state title of Project Specialist and is a non-aligned position. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references electronically to: email@example.com. Resumes will be considered through October 11,2016. Resumes received after that date will only be considered if a suitable applicant has not been identified. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and prescription, as well as generous sick and vacation leave.
The College of New Jersey, a highly selective, comprehensive residential institution, is recognized as one of the outstanding colleges in the country. Its 289-acre tree-lined campus, located in suburban Ewing Township between New York and Philadelphia, draws upon the rich scholarly, scientific and cultural resources of the region. There are approximately 5900 undergraduate students and 900 graduate students enrolled at The College. To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.