Note to Applicant: To apply and obtain additional job posting information please visit the City of Austin eCareer website at www.austincityjobs.org. The job posting requisition number is COA075616. Job posting close date is October 10, 2016.
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department – Aquatic Division operates 51 aquatic facilities, which includes 28 neighborhood pools, 3 wading pools, 7 municipal pools, 11 splash pads, 1 rental facility and Barton Springs Pool.
The purpose of this position is to manage operations of assigned aquatic facilities to include patron surveillance, customer service and communicating all maintenance and safety concerns to management. Other relevant duties include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor safety of all aquatic operations of assigned facility
• Supervise temporary and seasonal staff
• Conduct assigned training courses
• Manage cash handling duties
• Responsible for cleanliness of assigned facility
Driver License and Other Certifications:
- If selected as a finalist, a Texas Class C Driver’s License or have the ability to acquire one by the date of hire will be required.
- Must have current American Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED by date of hire.
- Must be certified within ninety (90) days of hire in the following: American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI); American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI); . Nationally recognized Scuba certification; and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO)
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Organizes employees, contractors and/or volunteers.
- Promotes interest in recreational activities; represents the City and the Department with public groups.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and schedules programs, activities, events and staffing.
- Modifies classes and workshops to accommodate individuals with a variety of disabilities.
- Manages and directs the daily operations of recreational facilities, activities and/or special events.
- Coordinates citywide events.
- Coordinates the design and creation of necessary materials to market and promote programs.
- Recommends the purchase of new equipment and coordinates purchase orders.
- Assists with and monitors the budget.
- Coordinates cross-functional work groups.
- Researches trends and implements best practices with respect to recreational programs and activities.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
May fill in for supervisor or Program Specialist in his or her absence.