| ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – ANNUAL GIVING, MAC WEST VIRGININA UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, INC. |
The primary purpose of the Associate Director - Annual Giving position is to provide assistance in maintaining and growing MAC membership and overall annual fund support. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Annual Giving and is a key member of the Mountaineer Athletic Club staff. Duties and Responsibilities
• Work directly with the Associate Athletic Director for Annual Giving on achieving MAC annual fundraising goals, objectives and strategies.
• Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward annual fund donors in order to secure overall support for scholarships, capital gifts and other programs.
• Manage a portfolio of MAC annual fund donors to maintain and grow their involvement.
• Implement and oversee the annual online seat selection process for both football and men’s basketball season ticket holders.
• Work closely with the WVU Sports Marketing Department in order to create and establish a strategic plan for marketing and promoting the MAC, donor benefits and priority seating/parking opportunities.
• Serve as the liaison between the Mountaineer Athletic Club and the women’s tennis program for sport-specific contributions.
• Responsible for the creation and execution of the annual MAC donor handbook that outlines giving opportunities for current and prospective donors while creating awareness of the need for financial support.
• Create solicitations for various constituents to acquire new donors or upgrade existing donors.
• Responsible for making phone calls to educate existing donors on upgrade opportunities.
• Prepare and edit general correspondence to both internal and external constituents on behalf of the MAC office.
• Improve donor communication and awareness of involvement opportunities by assisting in the implementation of a marketing and communications plan in order to achieve annual fundraising goals of the MAC.
• Strategically identify activities, events and programs that would increase prospects, students and alumni involvement with the MAC.
• Identify and implement new member engagement programming.
• Optimize the use of technology including social media for marketing, communications, data reporting and analysis.
• Oversee and enhance young alumni program and serve as a MAC liaison the Mountaineer Maniacs.
• Oversee the student-athlete thank-a-thon and other calling programs.
• Monitor and analyze annual fund metrics, including minimum seat and parking contributions, matching gifts, pledges and priority points.
• Assist with gameday hosting and entertainment of donors at various sporting events.
• Provide assistance to Major Gift Officers on special projects.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices.
• Provide a high level of customer service while maintaining a consistently positive attitude.
• Other duties as assigned by department leadership.