- Responsible for coordinating all relations and functions with local and regional media covering athletics, developing strategies to maximize media exposure for teams, student-athletes and the department of athletics.
- Compiles and records cumulative individual and team statistics and records for all sports and coordinates all record-keeping and statistics compilation.
- Acts as the managing editor on all athletics publications, including camp and clinic flyers/brochures, game programs, schedule cards, promotional and advertising pieces and department newsletters.
- Responsible for content production, design and maintenance of the athletics website and social media outlets.
- Responsible for completing daily, weekly and seasonal reports as assigned by the NCAA and conference offices. including the submission of award nominations.
- Manages operating budget for sports information and marketing.
- Hires, trains and manages staff of graduate assistant, interns, student assistants, statisticians and other event staff.
- Assists with communication with strategic marketing affiliates or potential partners while approving logo usage by internal and external groups under institutional branding guidelines.
- Assists with the promotion and coordination of individual team fundraising efforts and activities.
- Maintains Storm Club donor list and produces pieces for external recognition.
- Responsible for creating and coordinating media hospitality and game management of events and conference or NCAA championships on campus.
- Develops publication timelines for all sports
- May travel with teams for football or prominent events in other sports (e.g. conference or national championship events).
- Responsible for negotiating and finalizing broadcasting coverage for sporting events, selecting and hiring on-air talent when necessary.
- Works atypical, yet flexible, business hours based on necessary presence at or reporting on sporting events conducted at night and on weekends and holidays.
- Follows all institutional and NCAA regulations regarding recruiting and operations of athletics in general.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the director of athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred.
- At least two years progressive experience at an NCAA institution serving in a sports information capacity.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, journalism, social media and video production.
- Knowledge of game rules and statistics for each sport, most notably football, lacrosse and volleyball.
- Proficiency with word processing and database software, website design (experience with Presto preferred) and maintenance and familiarity with Stat Crew.
- Experience with desktop publishing software – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, HTML content management and Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform the duties, which are generally performed both inside and outside and may include adverse conditions.
- Previous management experience preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Director of Sport Information Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE