Preferred Qualifications and Minimum Requirements.
1. Undergraduate degree required.
2. Knowledge of NCAA legislation, NCAA national office role and function, and familiarity with higher education administration required.
3. A minimum of five years of administrative experience in intercollegiate athletics and/or higher education required.
4. A minimum of 10 years of leadership and/or management experience required.
5. Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills, including the ability to formulate and implement a strategic vision, prioritize key issues and develop creative solutions and recommendations.
6. Excellent organizational, administrative, management, leadership and communication skills.
7. Knowledge of Division I governance and committee support preferred.
8. Skills to effectively function in a team-oriented culture that emphasizes leadership, inclusion, collaboration, communication and accountability required.
9. Ability to facilitate appropriate outcomes in high pressure situations.
10. Commitment to lead and serve the membership essential.
1. National office staff members (e.g., vice presidents, legal counsel, managing directors) across various departments.
2. Institutional administrators (e.g., directors of athletics, senior women administrators, faculty athletics representatives) and committee members.
3. Conference office athletics administrators.
4. Student-athletes and prospective student-athletes.
5. Media representatives.
6. Representatives from higher education associations and outside organizations.