Essential Job Functions
Assist with aspects of the NCAA Division I athletics compliance program, including:
- Maintaining records (Squad Lists) for NCAA Financial Aid Compliance (CAi).
- Coordinate all aspects of student-athlete financial aid in compliance with department, conference, NCAA and NLI policies.
- Coordinate all facets of the National Letter of Intent program and assist with on-going NCAA rules education of staff and student-athletes.
- Serve as liaison to athletics department business office as well as campus housing, dining, bookstore, accounting and financial aid.
- Coordinate international student-athlete financial aid education (i.e. taxes, insurance, etc.).
- Monitor and approve student-athlete outside employment.
- Assist with the assurance that the athletics program is operated in compliance with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulations.
- Assist with documentation for roster management policies and other student-athlete related reports.
- Assist with other reports and duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience in determining transfer, initial and returning student eligibility.
- Knowledge of operations, services, etc. of office/unit.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques in composing written communications such as responses to inquiries and narrative reports.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programs to include word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, found in such products as Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with the NCAA Eligibility Center, Banner, CAi, LSDBi, etc.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, students, and the public.