| Olivet College is announcing a search for a full time Head Women’s Basketball Coach to begin immediately. |
The Olivet Women’s Basketball team has consistently been in the top 4 of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association and is looking for a strong leader to continue the winning tradition.
Olivet College is located in south central Michigan in the town of Olivet, MI, which is a close knit, rural community offering quiet streets and natural surroundings, yet is not more than 30 minutes from the larger cities of Lansing and Battle Creek. Both are small enough to be friendly and large enough to boast many of the big city amenities.
Olivet College was founded in 1844 on the principle that the future of humanity rests in the hands, hearts and minds of those who will take responsibility for themselves and others in an increasingly diverse society. Open since its founding to all regardless of race, gender or ability to pay, Olivet is one of the most diverse private liberal arts institutions in the state and actively seeks diversity in its students and employees.
The student body is composed of a strong mixture of first-generation, urban, rural and students from all socioeconomic backgrounds, with 50 percent qualifying annually for Federal Pell Grants. Olivet College faculty and staff are committed to providing personalized, individualized attention for students who seek academic and personal success. Olivet College competes in Division III of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association, the oldest athletic conference in the nation.
• Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of the women’s basketball program including, recruitment, retention, academic support, practice preparation, game strategy, alumnae development, fundraising, and community service
• Directs the operations of the Olivet College women’s basketball program within the standards of Olivet College, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
• Recruits student athletes who meet the College’s admission requirements. Meets annual recruitment goals as developed by the Director of Athletics
• Coordinates and outlines a complete recruiting agenda to identify quality student athletes. This should include names of players, high school visits, coaching contacts, personal contacts, attendance at showcases and tournaments, telephone and email contacts and campus visits
• Ensures compliance with all College, MIAA and NCAA rules and regulations related to recruiting and academic monitoring for student-athletes
• Collaborates with the Sports Information Director for the positive promotion of the women’s basketball program. Areas included should be individual and team statistics, media guides, reports to NCAA, MIAA, individual accolades on and off the field and Web Site updates
• Ensures department and College regulations are understood by and complied with by student athletes and coaching staff
• Works closely with the Athletics Department in any fundraising activities that will directly impact the program or the department in general
• Represents the College at athletics meetings pertaining to basketball; including MIAA meetings and NCAA coach’s convention
• Coordinates a minimum of one community outreach project for the promotion of individual and social responsibility
• Develops an annual operating budget and oversee the purchasing, distribution and collection of all equipment
• Displays a commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct as per the NCAA Constitution
• Works closely with Director of Athletics on long and short-term planning for the program
• Supervises and trains the Assistant Basketball Coach and team manager