| Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking applications for a part-time position as an Athletic Trainer. VCU is an NCAA Division I school and a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference. The part-time Athletic Trainer will assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine in the day-to-day operations of the Athletic Training Room. Duties and responsibilities for the Athletic Trainer (Part-Time) are as follows: |
1) Provide on-site athletic training services at VCU commencing with the Fall Sports Season and concluding with the Spring Sports Season. Specific daily schedules are determined in discussions with the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine and the Associate Athletic Trainer.
2) Maintains the Athletic Training Room Facilities in a neat and orderly fashion.
3) Evaluates physical condition and advises and treats student athletes to maintain physical fitness for participation in athletic participation (practice, conditioning, competition).
4) Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
5) Performs soft tissue mobilization techniques to alleviate pain, restore function/motion and diminish edema.
6) Renders first aid to injured student athletes.
7) Works with team physicians to provide continuum of care to the student athletes.
8) Uses therapeutic modalities to treat athletic injuries and conditions.
9) Confers with physical therapy team members to exchange, discuss, and evaluate student athletes information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs.
10) Maintains accurate documentation of athletic injuries and other medical conditions.
11) Follows all HIPAA rules as instructed.
12) Follows VCU policies and procedures.
13) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Has the physical ability to perform job related duties, which may require lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, pulling and pushing.