Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes. Informing prospects of University academic programs, talent evaluation, coordinating mailings, telephone calls, and email exchanges. Maintain department and University standards for communication by actively monitoring on campus and off campus through in person contacts. Work effectively with the department of intercollegiate athletics and office of enrollment services to meet freshman and transfer recruitment goals.
• Assist with day to day duties: Assist in the planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities in the traditional segment at a level that will place program in a position of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletics Conference. Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, as well as film exchange program.
• Assist in the development and implementation and execution of the strength and conditioning program within in the Sports Performance program. Provide instruction in technique and safety procedures in adherence with NCAA regulations and Sports Performance expectations.
• Implementation and organization of student athlete services program. Partner with the student success center and coaching staff in providing academic services for student athletes. Partner with Student Athlete Services to assist students in daily needs and services. Create a “watch” list each term, as well as monitor class attendance and term progress reports. Coordinate with Student Athlete Services to inform faculty of student-athlete absences.
• Assist with the retention of student athletes through social and academic counseling; interaction with University retention team and coaching staff. Retention of student-athletes, along with support of Student Athlete Services, by effectively coordinating and communicating attendance to all SOAR and department sponsored events.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Previous recruiting experience in higher education; collegiate athletics preferred.
Please apply online at: www.ben.edu
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.