Required: Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master's Degree Minimum of one year of fulltime, academic coordinator experience Effective written and oral communication skills Thorough understanding of NCAA Division II bylaws *Funding for this position is contingent on the successful candidate identifying as an ethnic minority and/or woman. Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well during the interview(s). Preferred:
- Strong organizational, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills to relate to coaches, student-athletes, prospective student-athletes and University employees in a fast paced environmentThe work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Essential Functions
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Employee must be able to observe and react to hazard warnings, backup alarms, flashing lights, voice commands and hand signals
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions.If you are a PASSHE Faculty member that has received a notice of retrenchment and applying for consideration under Article 29 of the Agreement between APSCUF and the PASSHE, please send a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Dr. Michael Driscoll, President, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Sutton Hall, Room 201, 1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa 15705 or at email@example.com All other applications for this position must be submitted via our online application system at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/iupedu and must be received by October 7, 2016. A complete application will consist of a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, unofficial copies transcripts, names and email addresses of three references. If the degree listed as required for this position was earned at IUP - no unofficial transcripts are required to be submitted as part of this employment application. IUP-HR will verify IUP obtained degrees and only request official transcripts from candidates if needed later in the hiring process. Official transcripts will be required prior to hire date for applicants who did not earn the required degrees at IUP. Reference letters will be solicited from letter writers if applicants are selected to continue in the hiring process.Temporary faculty who were employed with IUP in Fall 2016 only need to submit an updated resume with the application. Only complete applications will be considered and application review will continue until position is filled. Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks. Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.
- Special Instructions to Applicants