| POSITION PURPOSE |
The Assistant Sports Communication Director/Events Management assists in managing all sport information and communications needs of the Department of Sports Studies. In that role the Assistant Sports Communication Director is responsible for managing all aspects of varsity sport home contests providing supervision and oversight of the 20+ student staff and using discretion and judgment in managing the game management budget. The Assistant SCD will additionally liaison with the club sport committee to manage / schedule field space. The Assistant SCD is a self-directed position with minimal supervision as required.
1. Schedule and supervise event management staff; set up, tear down and event staff 2. Assist SCD with oversight of sports statistics and social media communication 3. Assist SCD in writing and posting athletic stories 4. Responsible for technology use including digital video streaming, sharing and archiving 5. Responsible to oversee event management budget 6. Other duties as assigned by SCD
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. General knowledge of SSRA and NWC procedures.
3. People skills. Much of the time is spent interacting with students, faculty and staff.
4. Computer / technology skills. Must be familiar with Excel, Word and digital video technologies, Statcrew & live stat programs and SideArm CMS.
5. Self directed. Some direction will be given, however most work must be self-initiated.
6. A good attitude.