Position includes all responsibilities associated with coaching the men’s and women’s golf teams at the collegiate level including recruitment, training, academic support and instilling sportsmanship. Promote fundraising, awarding scholarships, management of programs budgets and promotion of players to four year institutions. The Enrollment Coach is responsible for a caseload of prospective students, applicants and newly admitted students. They will serve as the primary point of contact for students within their assigned territories. Position will travel extensively and represent Iowa Lakes Community College across the state of Iowa and surrounding states.
% of Time
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
1. Coach and prepare student-athletes for intercollegiate competition.
2. Monitor, advise and nurture student-athletes’ academic progress at the college and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
3. Comply with NJCAA and ICCAC regulations.
4. Communicate effectively with staff and students.
5. Responsible for converting prospective students from point of inquiry, through registration, to a motivated and confident new Iowa Lakes student.
6. Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective students and help them navigate through the enrollment process while maintaining a high level of customer service throughout all interactions.
7. Advise prospective students on suitable programs in accordance with their goals and experiences while effectively communicating program requirements.
8. Create and maintain an accurate roster logging all contacts with prospective students.
9. Attend college day/night fairs throughout the school year.
10. Travel extensively in assigned areas with overnight travel.
11. Collaborate as part of the team responsible for recruiting and enrolling Iowa Lakes students.
1. Promote fundraising activities with students, staff and the general public.
2. Meet with students, as necessary, to resolve conflicts.
3. Assure adherence to all Iowa Lakes Community College policies and procedures.
4. Develop and maintain schedules associated with Men’s and Women’s Golf.
5. Create, monitor, and adhere to approved golf budgets.
6. Assist with Career Day, College Day, Laker Visit Days, First Day Activities, Clay County Fair and summer Orientation Days for new and prospective students.
7. Assist in hosting visitors to campus by responding to questions, giving college tours and providing college information.
8. Assist students with program, advisement and admissions questions.
1. Serve on assigned and voluntary committees.
2. Participate in all required professional development activities.
3. Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
4. Prepare and submit required conference and state reports.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of general admissions processes and procedures practiced by post-secondary educational institutions.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer for word processing, database information, and the mainframe.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as correct English usage, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.
- Light to medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.