MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Sport Administration, Sport Management, Business Management, Mass Communication, or any baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, and/or work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to Division I intercollegiate athletics.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: A preferred three to five (3-5) years of successful collegiate coaching on a Division I level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Candidate must have knowledge of the NCAA and Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) rules and regulations.
2. Must be detail-oriented and organized in the administration of financial matters, travel plans, schedule development and oversight of the sport program.
3. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide excellent customer service to university administrators, student-athletes, staff, and other stakeholders associated with the university.
4. Must be able to work an irregular work schedule to include night, weekends, and some holidays.
5. Must demonstrate competency in the areas of skills instruction, academic priorities, budget management, talent assessment, and ability to function in a multi-dimensional organization.
1. Directs, organizes, and administers all aspects of the men’s and women’s golf program.
2. Assist in the recruitment effort and maintain compliance in roster management.
3. Oversees the total recruitment effort and maintain compliance in roster management.
4. Coordinates and submits reports to the NCAA, SWAC conference office, and regional coordinators by the required deadline.
5. Monitors progress towards degree for each student-athlete for which there is oversight to ensure that NCAA and JSU academic benchmarks are met.
6. Must be able to enforce the policies of the university, the Division of Athletics, and must direct students to the appropriate resources on campus.
7. Represent the university at the required conference and/or national meeting or conventions.
8. Ensures that local news outlets and JSU sports media personnel are advised of scores and highlights for all competitions.
9. Manages all aspects of the team.
10. Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes.
11. Directs and supervises the assistant golf coach.
12. Manages a fiscally sound budget.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit an application through the Human Resources website at https://jsums.peopleadmin.com. Only electronically submitted applications will be considered.
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.