| JOB SUMMARY: |
Head boys’ varsity Lacrosse Coach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and institute a program of sequential development for all teams and individuals. Coaches should be using the same terminology and teaching the same techniques at all levels.
• A coach must develop a good rapport with numerous individuals and community groups including but not limited to; team personnel, the student body, faculty, administration, maintenance, officials, media representatives, fellow coaches, alumni and parents of players.
• The coach will work with coaches of other sports to encourage students to participate on other teams. St. Paul’s does not encourage specialization.
• Diligence, enthusiasm, integrity, honesty and love of the game are all part of the professional pride that should be exhibited by any coach. Personal appearance and dress should be exemplary. Public demeanor and decorum should always reflect positively on the school and the athletic department.
• All coaches must constantly take advantage of the opportunity for self-improvement. Regular attendance at rules clinics and training opportunities in specific fields is imperative. Keeping abreast of current literature in professional journals, magazines as well as other media forms is also expected.
• Run well organized practices using sound and acceptable teaching practices and progressions
• Complete pre-season planning well in advance of the starting date and communicate with coaches their responsibilities.
• Complete a scouting plan early in the season and communicate your expectations to all of the people involved in this plan.
• Organize, communicate and direct a summer program for all students interested in lacrosse.
• Assist in the distribution and collection of equipment.
• Objective criteria to determine which students make which team and how students earn playing time.
• Motivate students to improve individually and contribute to team improvement.
• Hold a pre-season meeting with parents and players to inform them of the philosophy of the program as well as the rules and regulations (schedules, practice times, attendance, expectations, etc.)
• Work with the Admissions Office to attract and secure prospective student-athletes who are interested in playing lacrosse as well as other sports to St. Paul’s.
• Develop game plans and efficient strategies in response to opponent offensive and defensive tactics.
• Assist athletic personnel with pre-game preparation and post-game clean-up.
• Assist the School’s college counselors as well as parents and players with college guidance and the recruiting process.
• Must exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with all constituents including but not limited to student-athletes and staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years coaching experience is required. Educational instruction experience a plus.
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume via the following link: www.stpaulsschool.org/lax