To apply click here
The City of Blue Springs is accepting applications for a Recreation Supervisor – Fitness position. Typical duties include planning, promotion and implementation of a variety of fitness, wellness and recreational programs including but not limited to group exercise, personal training, fitness center management, member retention programs, health and wellness classes and special events. Successful candidate will oversee recruiting, training and supervision of lifeguard staff and volunteers. Candidate must be willing to become a certified lifeguard instructor. Must be able to work some nights, weekends and holidays. A bachelor's degree in exercise physiology, recreation management, physical education, sport management or closely related field and two-years of closely related experience is preferred. Starting pay is $32,561.25 to $40,701.54 ($15.65 - $19.57 per hour) with an excellent benefit package. Apply online at www.bluespringsgov.com/jobs Application deadline is Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 5:00PM central time. Background check and drug screening required. EOE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The duties listed below represent the essential duties but does limit the position to them).
- Plans, implements, organizes, supervises and evaluates fitness center, fitness classes, group exercise classes, personal training program, recreation programs and special events.
- Plans, schedules and teaches a variety of fitness-related classes and workshops.
- Provides customer service to visitors and members of the Blue Springs Fieldhouse, signing-in and registering new members, conducts tours and orientations, collects receipts and accounts for daily rental fees and day passes.
- Provides health assessments and conducts, group or one-on-one, safe and effective fitness orientations.
- Selects, hires, and trains paid and volunteer staff.
- Assists in scheduling and marketing the Blue Springs Parks and Recreation Department, Blue Springs Fieldhouse and fitness center and its various programs including but not limited to: Phone Calls, Flyers, Health Fairs and Special Events.
- Assists in identifying, developing, and maintaining new and current fitness and recreational programming.
- Assists in determining fitness program fiscal needs and the preparation and maintenance of the Departments budget.
- Assists with program registration and building operations.
- Ensures the safety of all visitors to the Blue Springs Fieldhouse by enforcing facility rules and regulations.
- Maintain certification records of instructors and staff.
- Conducts building inspections, fitness equipment inspections, cleaning inspections and ensure maintenance tasks are completed to ensure health/safety of participants.
- Create weekly reports detailing upcoming important dates, new initiatives, staffing reports, marketing efforts, changes to the area of responsibility and items of note.
- Set annual objectives to improve services based on annual staff evaluations and customer service evaluations/feedback.
- Assists the Recreation Superintendent and other staff with facility programs and supervision.
- Administers the City’s human resources policies and procedures within the division.