Director of Coaching | Sporting Arkansas Soccer Club
The Sporting Arkansas Soccer Club is looking for an energetic vision oriented leader for the
Role of Director of Coaching. Sporting Arkansas is a soccer supported community and
continually growing. The candidate will promote the development of the club and players with
emphasis on passion and love of the game. The Sporting Arkansas Soccer Club promotes all
levels of soccer in the North West Arkansas Community. This is a full time position. Salary will
be determined based on qualifications and experience.
The DOC is the primary individual responsible for overseeing the development of all coaches
and players within the SA, including developing curriculum and integrating city recreational
programs. The DOC works under the direction of the Board of Directors and must focus on
building and implementing a positive club culture among SA directors, coaches, parents, and
players which values and encourages the growth of players as both skilled individuals and
members of a team. The central role of the DOC in achieving this goal is to recruit, manage,
evaluate, train, and mentor high quality coaches throughout all SA programs.
• Recruiting, developing and promoting youth soccer players and coaches at Sporting
• Educate and train SA staff and volunteer coaches in a competitive and professional
• Provide staff development opportunities through educational clinics, game analysis, US Youth
soccer/SKC courses, and mentoring staff.
• Help determine minimum standards for each coaching level.
• Educate coaches on US Youth Soccer, ASSA, SKC Academy, and SA policies and
philosophies on player development and age-appropriate activities.
• Interact, observe and run model training sessions.
• Create and coordinate a club-wide player development model from U5-U18 to ensure a
seamless integration of player development between age groups/divisions.
• Develop and oversee SA year-round player development strategy, including designing
appropriate curriculum-based player evaluation criteria and overseeing implementation of
player evaluation process at all levels.
• Help guide coaches to determine which leagues, brackets, and tournaments SA teams will
• Develop a comprehensive education program to provide guidance to parents/players through
the phase of development.
• Ensure an effective and comprehensive college prep program is in place and that the
membership is well educated on the process and opportunities to continue to the college level.
• Organize offseason soccer camps for SA players Oversee the SA camps/clinics programs to
ensure the provision of maximized complementary programming within the current structure
as well as new elite player program opportunities.
• Represent SA within Sporting Kansas City and pertinent National, Regional and State
associations to maintain good relationships and appropriate competition levels for all SA
• Resolve conflicts or disagreements brought by members/families as it relates to technical
direction or player experience.
• Planning and overseeing SA events at SA Soccer Complexes
and surrounding communities, including the operation of SA-run tournaments and events.
• Manage tryout process annually by arranging for the evaluators, producing and distributing
material to advertise, and meeting with coaches to make team selections and ensure timely
• Attend and report to the board during monthly meetings.
• Assists with practice coverage and game coaching if needed.
• Establish and maintain minimum standards of professional conduct for members of the
coaching staff with respect to training sessions and games.
• Review and manage a budget presented by the board.