The University of Delaware
The Events Manager reports to the Associate Director of Athletics and has primary responsibility for home Athletics events management and supervision of the Delaware Field House.
This position’s shift will be based on event schedules and candidate qualifications.
The position is administrative in nature with contacts both inside (coaches, support staff, administrators) and outside (Public Safety, Parking Services, Dining Services, part-time staff for events, transportation and lodging personnel, institutional personnel for team arrangements at opponent schools, patrons of events and outside groups using facilities) the unit.
- Serve as primary event manager for Athletics, Club and Intramural practices and competitions. Assist with home football game-day operations. Includes serving as game manager for numerous events, assigning game managers, hiring, training, assignment and supervision of event staff (ex: part-time miscellaneous wage and work study) for regular and post-season events.
- Arrange and coordinate set-up and breakdown for all home contests. Responsible for crowd control, including serving as liaison to Public Safety. Monitor and secure venues following home events as well as coordinate facility cleaning for all home contests. Coordinate with Athletics Business Office regarding hiring of new part-time staff.
- Identify related work order needs to Associate Director of Athletics, Event Operations and assist in minor maintenance and repair projects.
- Participates in risk management identification and control.
- Contact visiting opponent institutions to determine and address contest-related needs (e.g. assignment of locker room, field location, laundry, other needs, etc.) Contact officials prior to their arrival with necessary information pertaining to their game assignment. Procure officials and reconcile payments for all home contests. Coordinate with Business Office for payment.
- Coordinate all necessary arrangements for alumni, fundraising and outside group events.
- Participate in the arrangement/management of home post-season championships and other special events, as assigned.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date inventory of field related equipment (ex: goals, nets, cages).
- Provide Delaware Field House Arena daily supervision and serve as building monitor Hours may vary throughout the year depending on activity. Evening and weekend work is required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Athletics or Recreation Administration or a related field and two to three years of related experience in Athletics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication, organizational, attention to detail and persistent follow-through skills required.
- Independent worker/self-starter, which is able to take direction and operate autonomously with limited direct supervision.
- Special requirement: Extensive holiday, night and weekend work required
For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit the UDJOBS website at www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 103956
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.