• The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably working in a sports information/athletic communication office.
• Must possess the following certifications: CPR.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in an academic institution preferred.
• Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing athletic programs.
• Demonstrated experience directing other staff.
• Appreciation for athletics and well-being.
• Possess excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in basic data management systems and basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Proven strong presentation skills and presence.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
• Knowledge of sports and how to record statistics.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Strategic high-level thinking coupled with the attention to detail necessary for successful planning and execution.
• Effectively communicate and clearly understand oral and written communications.
• Ability to engage positively and cooperatively with students, employees, and guests.
• Self-Motivated and Independent.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take direction and work with others.
• Commitment to diversity & inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive population.
Submit a cover letter and a current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), AND a completed application http://www.exeter.edu/documents/Application__EEO.pdf to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Assistant Athletic Director/Sports Information Director. The deadline for submission is October 10, 2016. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, 9-12% retirement contribution, vacation, free parking, meals & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.