The Player Development Soccer Academy (PDSA Soccer) is looking for self-motivated and qualified Directors of Coaching in the following areas: Dayton, OH; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Toledo, OH; and Indianapolis, IN. If you live in a different area and feel you would be a good fit for PDSA Soccer, we would consider expanding our service areas.
PDSA Soccer believes that in the development of every child, role models are the most important feature. A good role model leads by example, not just by word. At PDSA Soccer, our coaches serve as role models for our players. We live by ten values: respect, discipline, work ethic, accountability, team work, overcoming adversity, setting and striving for goals, perseverance, decision making, and sportsmanship.
The PDSA Soccer Director of Coaching (DOC) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-term development of the PDSA organization in your service area.
Based on the PDSA Soccer mission and vision, the PDSA Soccer DOC will:
- Serve as the point of contact for all training programs and tournaments in your area
- Book the training locations for all training programs
- Schedule PDSA Soccer training programs
- Hire, train, and manage additional soccer trainers if needed.
- Provide leadership on and off the field
- Train players who are enrolled in the PDSA training programs.
- Provide teams with team training and game coaching
- Schedule and organize PDSA Soccer tournaments in your area
The ideal DOC candidate has an extensive experience in coaching youth soccer players. Our main focus is technical skill development, which means you must be able to perform advanced technical skills as part of your job.
In order to be successful in the position, the PDSA Soccer DOC must possess:
- The desire to be part of an organization that puts individual player development first
- The desire to be part of an organization that focuses on foot skills development
- The ability to effectively build relationships with facilities, local club leadership, coaches, parents and players
- An understanding of PDSA Soccer’s market positioning
- An understanding of the way in which PDSA Soccer training programs provide value to youth soccer players
- The ability to market PDSA Soccer training programs and tournaments to the local market
- The ability to work within a set budget per program
- A willingness to follow the PDSA Soccer coaching manual guidelines and practice plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to be a persuasive and passionate communicator
A successful candidate will also possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above
- USSF License (or international equivalent)
- 3-5 year’s relevant experience working in the professional soccer education industry, with management and leadership experience within that industry
- Experience with soccer skills training
We are able to offer to following compensation:
- Salary per training/coaching hour
- Profit share in all programs under your management
- Nike gear package
The PDSA Soccer DOC will manage the workflow from either a home or designated off-site office. This position will also function in the field assuming direct-training and oversight duties as well as occasional travel for training purposes.
When applying for this position, please be sure to include a cover letter with your resume detailing the reasons you would be a good fit in the position of DOC for PDSA Soccer.
- PDSA Soccer is an equal opportunity employer
- There is no consideration for visa sponsorship for this position