The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System Manager for the Montgomery County Department of Parks. The Department serves a diverse population of over one million residents by managing 418 parks on approximately 37,000 acres of parkland. This position reports directly to the Management Services Division Chief and is responsible for the administration of the Department's EAM system, an asset management, inventory, and work order system. The system allows parks management to track and report time and material spent by staff in routine preventative maintenance, services requests, and major maintenance projects associated with physical assets, facilities, and infrastructure in the parks, in coordination with the Parks' operating divisions. This position entails complex management work involving considerable responsibility and latitude. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business groups, will have significant experience managing large-scale IT systems integration projects. The position must also demonstrate excellent writing skills with the ability to talk to stakeholders about technology with the understanding that stakeholders are not themselves technologists.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Create a vision, goals, performance measures, and a multi-year plan for the Department's Enterprise Asset Management System.
- Manage in excess of one million dollars of contracting funding and a professional career staff of three.
- Coordinate all aspects of vendor software installations; and upgrades; monitor third-party vendor service agreements and contractual work items.
- Create and manage multiple, concurrent projects using project plans and schedules with several dependencies and resources.
- Manage integration with other agency systems and determine feasibility and viability of integrating with additional systems.
- Collaborate with Department operating and administration units to receive feedback, capture requirements, and configure the EAM to reflect relevant business processes.
- Help cultivate an environment that increasingly relies on data analytics to support operational, managerial, and budget decisions.
- Create business practices to ensure data integrity.
- Present EAM project updates to senior management and IT Council.
- Lead demos, present system functionality to management, and train staff on the
- Master's degree in information systems, knowledge management, information technology, computer science or similar field and
- Eight years of significant experience directly related to managing large-scale IT systems integration within a dynamic organizational structure. Specifically, experience managing IT projects across an agency coordinating with multiple operating units and vendors to ensure system cohesion.
- Experience with full life cycle development and post-implementation including user support coordination, user service agreements, system modifications/performance and other post-implementation activities.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience with Infor EAM software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge of maintenance operations, including operational efficiencies and best practices.
- Experience preparing complex technical reports and analyses.
- Experience using major programming languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- EAM system.