- Create and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy for the Athletic Department that focuses on increasing attendance at all UMass athletic contests with a specific emphasis on maximizing ticket sales for all current ticketed sports (i.e. football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, hockey, men’s lacrosse and softball).
- Create and implement the overall advertising plan designed to increase individual ticket sales and increase attendance at all athletic events.
- Create and manage the marketing advertising budget, researching advertising rates, negotiating trade packages and determining optimal placement to maximize exposure.
- Develop creative aspects of the advertising campaign which includes working with outside sources.
- Develop distribution plan for all collateral material such as pocket schedules and posters to create exposure as well as increase attendance and revenue for all athletic teams.
- Work with Media relations in regards to creation of website elements aimed at promoting individual ticket sales.
- Direct and manage all aspects of game operations and entertainment at all UMass Athletic events with a specific focus on football, men’s basketball, hockey, women’s basketball, men’s lacrosse and softball.
- Create game scripts that coordinate all game activities.
- Serve as Game Director to ensure coordination of cheerleaders, pep band and all other elements of the game day experience.
- Work with the Coordinator of Video Production on the hiring, supervising, and direction of all game day video board staff.
- Oversee marketing and sales video functions which includes but is not limited to the approval of content to ensure that it meets the standards of the department, University, conference and NCAA.
- Coordinate and facilitate game day logistics which includes but is not limited to hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling all game day staff such as anthem singers, color guards, public address announcers, music production staff, and student workers.
- Work with third party promotional companies to create and coordinate game day giveaways.
- Oversee the management of MinuteFan Park including content, staffing, and coordination with the physical plant to ensure all aspects are in compliance with codes, negotiate contracts with third party vendors, and promote activities in the local media.
- Act as a liaison for the Athletic Department with the Mullins Center management to ensure all marketing initiatives are executed properly in accordance with University, department, conference, and NCAA regulations.
- Direct and implement all aspects of the community outreach program aimed at creating a positive image for UMass Athletics in the campus and civic communities.
- Develop the “teaming with the U” community outreach program.
- Work directly with various internal and external constituencies such as youth groups and coaches to ensure proper execution of the community outreach plan.
- Work with the Student Athlete Advisory Committee to ensure community involvement plans are in accordance with the department’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the UMass Athletics Kid’s Club and MinuteFan programs, including establishing and managing all aspects of the budget, solicitation of new members and coordinating activities.
- Create programs to increase student attendance at all athletic contests.
- Serve as the department’s liaison to on campus student organizations.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of Facebook and other forms of social media connecting UMass Athletics with the community.
- Oversee the cheerleading program; responsible for all aspects of the cheerleading budget and for the hiring and reviewing of the coaching staff.
- In charge of working with the media relations, academics, compliance and business units to be sure marketing plans are executed in accordance with each unit’s responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in the field through publications, seminars, and conferences.
- Responsible for strict adherence to NCAA, conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in sports management, athletic administration, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in athletic marketing required; Division I intercollegiate marketing or sales with a professional sport organization preferred.
- Familiarity with marketing and database ticketing systems, publications, word processing, desktop publishing and spreadsheets desired.
- Previous management and supervisory experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with various constituencies.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse user groups.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends.
Salary Range: Hiring Range: $45,400-$56,800; Normal Starting Salary: $45,400-$51,100; PSSAP Level 27.
Send a letter of application, resume and names and telephone numbers of three references no later than October 19, 2015.
To apply please go to:
The University of Massachusetts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.