Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services, the Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day creating, maintaining, and monitoring of a compliant environment that results in clear institutional control of all athletic programs relative to Conference and NCAA legislation as required by NCAA Division I membership. The Compliance Coordinator will assist coaches and student-athletes for 27 programs and approximately 700 student-athletes in interfacing with University, Conference, and NCAA offices and will also serve in role of Academic Enhancement support.
Job Duties: 1. Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services in establishing and maintaining a program which will insure proper transmission of NCAA, Patriot League and University rules and interpretations to coaches, other athletic department staff and student-athletes. Assigned duties will involve the following: - An education program for the athletics staff which will include yearly testing on basic rules and regular update of new rules and interpretations. - A compliance orientation and rules education program for new staff members who are hired in the Department of Athletics and Recreation. - A program for conducting rules/eligibility meetings for student-athletes to insure that athletes receive a strong message about the commitment of the department and coaches to comply with the rules and are informed of their individual responsibilities for compliance. - A system for disseminating information on current rule interpretations that affect coaches and staff. - Responding in a timely manner to requests by coaches and staff for rule clarification and interpretation.
2. Disseminating information on new NCAA or Patriot League interpretations and legislation, and assisting in the development of new guidelines/procedures for incorporating changes to existing compliance functions and administrative systems.
3. Work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Athletics/Compliance and Student Services on the tracking, approval and reporting of NCAA Special Assistance Fund.
4. Coordinate the scheduling and operation of the Academic Enhancement Program, including but not limited to the Laptop computer program and Academic Enhancement Lab.
5. Support coordinate the University's NCAA National Letter of Intent program in conjunction with the Patriot League.
6. Assist with Department compliance/business processes database, ARMS software.
7. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the compliance services area.
Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience in Division I Intercollegiate Athletics compliance office.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, business, education and music complement each other. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns. The Lewisburg area offers a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, and appealing amenities such as art galleries, an art deco theater, historic museums, and charming independent boutiques and restaurants. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.