Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW) invites applications for the Assistant Director of Athletic Compliance for Athletics. This position will:
* Report directly to the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance
* Ensure compliance with NCAA bylaws, Summit League regulations, and IPFW academic policies and procedures
* Be familiar with and demonstrate the ability to understand all NCAA bylaws, Summit League regulations, and IPFW academic policies and procedures
* Make interpretations of NCAA bylaws, including research on NCAA single source sign-on website
* Assist in NCAA Rules Education for coaches, staff, and student-athletes at times without direct supervision of director
* Attend mandatory meetings and events for student-athletes on nights and weekends as required
* Maintain records, including NCAA Institutional Request List, of recruit status during recruitment phase including communicating with Eligibility Center regarding any outstanding requests for prospective student-athlete information
* Perform preliminary eligibility evaluations for potential student-athletes both high school and transfer and assess/project eligibility
* Validate National Letters of Intent, Financial Aid Agreements, and Offers of Admission for roster management
* Evaluate and review CARA forms to determine if violations have occurred
* Attend all Student-Athlete Leadership Team meetings to ensure CARA form compliance and assist with promotional activity planning and give approval of events when student-athletes are involved
* Approve, monitor and maintain Promotional Activity documentation per NCAA bylaws
* Review and approve Official and Unofficial Visits, including approval of student-athlete hosts and cash allowances
* Monitor recruiting logs of coaches; assess for violations
* Approve student-athlete employment
* Responsible for transfer release documents for transfer student-athletes including communication with the admissions office liaison and other institutions regarding status of prospective student-athletes
* Approve documentation for team and recruiting travel
* Prepare and submit Summit League Academic Honor Awards list for each sport season
* Assist in gathering of data for all NCAA reports
* Update website and create compliance forms as needed
* Assist with NCAA and Summit League Conference waivers
* Serve as compliance liaison in absence of the Director of Compliance
Stipulation that NCAA Enforcement Provisions Apply:
* Per NCAA Bylaw 11.1.1, institutional staff members found in violation of NCAA regulations are subject to disciplinary or corrective action, which may include termination
* Required to report outside income that is athletically related in accordance with NCAA Bylaw 11.2.2
* Bachelor's degree
* One year experience working with NCAA policies and regulations at the collegiate level; may include compliance internship or graduate assistant work
* Strong interest in working in athletic compliance
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Good problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to details
* Excellent organization and follow through skills
* Must be a team player who is comfortable working with multiple functional areas
* Flexible, adaptable with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
* Review of applications will begin immediately. For highest consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
* A check of criminal conviction records will be made for employment in this position.
* Each position is posted online for a minimum of five (5) business days and may be posted longer. Some positions include a deadline, others do not. When the position is removed from the posting website this indicates that IPFW is no longer accepting new applicants and applications, resumes, etc. will no longer be received. It is the applicant's responsibility to maintain awareness of the current job postings and submit their information for review prior to the posting being removed.
* Any correspondence from IPFW Human Resources will be conducted through time sensitive e-mails sent to the e-mail address that was provided by the applicant.
* Once the applicant submits their information for review an e-mail confirming the receipt of the on-line application will be sent to the e-mail address the applicant provided. Depending on the number of applications received and the department's search process, it may be several weeks before an outcome is known. If the applicant is not selected for an interview and the job is filled, the applicant will receive an automated e-mail message relating the filled status of the position.
* FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
* Retirement Eligibility: Purdue Retirement Plan - Three Year Waiting Period
IPFW. Learning toward tomorrow.Education in action. That's your degree at Indiana University–Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).Learning starts in the classroom, but continues with the kind of hands-on experience that employers want.Grasp the theory behind why things work, then discover the reality of how they work through projects, research opportunities, internships, and field experience. Small... classes taught by top professors put you on a first-name basis with experts in your field, and builds contacts that last throughout your career.Prepare for your life. Your degree is waiting for you here at IPFW.