Director for Compliance/Game Day Operations will report to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for ensuring departmental compliance with all Keiser University, TSC, and NAIA rules and regulations. This position will provide leadership and oversight of a comprehensive NAIA compliance program in all matters pertaining to the monitoring, interpreting, educating, documenting and investigating of all institutional, NAIA and conference rules and regulations; as well as submitting required NAIA and TSC reports. This position will also oversee the game day operations for all home events and serve on the senior leadership team within the Department of Athletics and participate in the development and coordination of programs, policies, and procedures for all sports.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
60% Compliance for the Department of Athletics: Establish appropriate departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all NAIA, TSC and university rules and regulations; as well provide rules education to both internal and external constituents in order to ensure a culture of compliance and institutional control at Keiser University.
• Provide rules education to coaches, boosters, student-athletes, and staff regarding university, conference, and NAIA eligibility legislation.
• Arrange and conduct pre-season NAIA certification meetings to coordinate completion of compliance forms.
• Collaborate with Assistant AD and FAR to monitor progress-towards-degree and other NAIA, conference and university academic eligibility requirements.
• Complete required conference and NAIA compliance reports.
• Serve as liaison with NAIA Eligibility Center.
• File waivers and process release (e.g. hardship, two-year college transfer).
• Monitor playing and practice season limitations for intercollegiate sports.
• Prepare eligibility lists for all intercollegiate sports.
• Collaborate with the offices of Financial Aid, Registrar and Admissions to ensure accurate certification of initial and continuing student-athlete eligibility.
• Prepare departmental and conference academic reports.
35% Game day Operations: Establish procedures and processes for all home games to operate according to NAIA and conference bylaws and standards. Assist the Director of Athletics in the review and development of appropriate internal operating policies and procedures to enhance overall departmental efficiency and work on special projects as assigned.
• Hire and staff all part time staff for Keiser University home games
• Develop and update athletic game day policies and procedures manual
• Serve as the game administrator for all Keiser University home games and provide oversight in the coordination of athletic schedules/contracts across all sports as well as assist with event coverage and team travel.
• May prepare and submit NAIA Tournament bids across all sports.
Other duties as assigned: 5%
• Submit all required assignments on or before designated due dates.
• Report any known violations or concerns to administration
• Conform to all Athletic Department policies and procedures as required.
• Represent Keiser University and the Athletic Department as a team player, as a professional, and as a role model for all student-athletes.
• Attend regularly scheduled Athletic Department Staff meetings.
• Represent Keiser Athletics by participating or chairing committees and representing the university at conference and national meetings
• Possess a valid CPR Certification
• Works closely with the Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR) on academic issues.
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Ability to work weekends or other extended time away from home.
• Have strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
• Have strong communication and organizational skills and can demonstrate ability to work independently.
Keiser University, is the Flagship/Residential Campus of the 17 Florida locations. KU is a Level VI, regionally accredited university by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Students are pursuing degrees in over 100 doctoral, specialist, master’s, bachelor’s, and associate fields. KU Athletics are a member of the NAIA and Sun Conference.