James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Field Hockey Coach to work within a highly competitive program. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Field Hockey Coach include assisting the Head Coach in technical aspects, administration and coaching of the Women's Field Hockey Program including, but not limited to, recruiting student-athletes, game strategy, practice strategy, player development, scheduling, purchasing, travel coordination, fund raising, alumni development, media relations, public relations and supervision of assistant volunteer coaches and support areas. Applicants must be committed to the academic and athletic development of all student-athletes.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Division I playing and/or coaching experience
- Ability to ensure compliance with all NCAA, CAA and Institutional rules and regulations
- Positive demeanor
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with student-athletes, athletic staff, the university and community personnel and alumni
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience coaching or playing at the International or Olympic level
- 2 to 4 years of intercollegiate coaching experience and/or international playing experience
- Goalkeeper training experience
- Expertise in technical aspects of the sport
- Expertise in film analysis and presenting film to the team
To apply go to http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/2470 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1071. Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.