Wagner College, a Division I Football Championship Subdivision institution sponsoring 22 varsity teams and a member of the Northeast Conference, is seeking an Assistant Athletic Director/Director for Compliance, Equity & Inclusion: to manage the department’s day to day compliance program, and ensure the institution’s adherence to all NCAA rules and regulations. Specific title is dependent on qualifications.
Specific Duties Include:
1. Oversees all eligibility processes including initial, continuing and transfer eligibility
2. Updates and maintains NCAA CAi database
3. Responsible for daily interpretations and providing rules education for all staff
4. Assists with preparation and review of squad lists along with Associate AD
5. Assists Associate AD with preparation for Grants-in-Aid and NLI
6. Assists Associate AD with NCAA reports (APR, GSR and Sports Sponsorship)
7. Responsible for submitting all conference and NCAA waivers
8. Oversight of camps and clinic pre-approval process
9. Management of recruiting activity logs, student-athlete compliance forms, and complimentary admissions lists
10. Monitor playing and practice seasons to ensure compliance with countable athletically related activity regulations
11. Other duties as assigned
This position also includes assisting with recruiting weekends and coordinating inclusion events with campus/community partners. The Director co-supervises a staff of two graduate assistants and collaborates with Assistant AD for Student Services. Qualifications:
- A minimum of two-year compliance-related experience working at a Division I NCAA institution, conference office or national office. Internships and/or graduate assistantships will be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and familiarity with NCAA systems such as CAi, LSDBi, RSRO and Eligibility Center.
This is a full time position and compensation includes salary & benefits, and it does require occasional night and weekend coverage. Interested applicants should direct resume, cover letter, and the names of three references to Tatum Colitz, Associate AD at email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately.
This individual must be of high moral character and act in an ethical manner at all times. Confidentiality is a critical factor in the integrity of the compliance program and it is expected that any violation of NCAA rules or regulations will be reported to the Director of Athletics for review. Further, in accordance with NCAA Bylaw 11.2, any athletic department employee who is found in violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. This may include suspension without pay, or termination if the employee is found to be involved in deliberate and serious violations of NCAA regulations.