The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a well-qualified individual for our Assistant Softball Coach.
Job duties include:
- Become knowledgeable of and adhere to NCAA and conference rules.
- Recruit quality student-athletes.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress of student-athlete and arrange for necessary academic counseling through Athletics Academic Counselor.- Establish eligibility of freshmen and transferring student-athletes and assure continued eligibility of returning student-athletes.
- Assist Head Coach in conducting all practice sessions.- Help implement rules for student-athletes and inform them about acceptable standards of conduct.
- Supervise managers and volunteers.- Supervision of travel budget and limit expenditures to the amounts officially approved by the University
- Work with the head coach in matters of public relations and promotions
- Be active in fundraising for the Athletics Department
- Has the responsibility for assisting in execution of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- Represent UTSA at Conference USA and national meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Apply at https://jobs.utsa.edu/
Experience and Other Skills Required
- Three years of experience as a student athlete, related coaching and/or collegiate playing experience.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of Softball and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, State of Texas, UTSA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas Syste...m and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.